Sunday 6 January 2013

Lets go

This evening is the first blog I am going to post! its all quite daunting learning how to navigate around this site but I will get there.  Firstly I would like to introduce myself my name is Benita 34 yrs old and I suffer from Ezcema and have done for the last 6.5 years and guess what! I have had enough. This all started again after I had my first child and grew worse when I became pregnant with my second child, all my features changed.  I suffered with ezcema as a child and I have a history of it in my family on both sides but I grew out of it.  I have now become the mystery to all the Dr's that have tried to treat me hmmmm!!!

I have decided that this is going to be the year that I am going to rid myself of this horrid condition, it somewhat feels like a disease cause it is never ending.  I have somewhat lived with it ever since but I really do not have time for this now, I have a life to lead which I would like to have itch/infection free. 
I will post details of my treatment I have had and the care I have received from the Dr but today is about actually starting this blog.  I have wanted to do this for a long time but never got round to it and I deceided this year I will make time for myself and this is one of the things I feel that I want and need to do.  It sometimes feel very lonely to have this condition, especially when everyone around you has great skin and looks beautiful.  Dont get me wrong I feel I am a beautiful person but I have ugly patches of skin at which people take for granted!!!  FYI my main area of ezcema is mainly on my hands (outer side) so there is no hiding it at any costs. The best thing about winter is being able to wear gloves outside, so no one can see it but my skin hates the winter environment!.  Also I never try to hide it its pointless.
I have decided NO more immunosuppresents drugs and NO more explainations of what can work for me I need to find answers there is always a cause.

What I would like for this blog is a place where I can log my improvement or worsening of my ezcema and I will document this is picture and journal form and for others to do the same and also offer some affordable, simple tips of where and what I find relief in.  I called this blog Ezcema Wars as I feel like I am fighting my own personal war.

Until next time take care and stay blessed :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey Benita, it's Dee Cook. Reading your story was like reading my own story! I had excema as a child, mainly on my hands and small patches around my knees, but I seemed to grow out of it, although my family does have a history of skin conditions - on both sides. It started again around 2001 and I have had it ever since then. Like you say, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! Just over 12 years of constant chronic itching and I have had it. I have seen so many doctors and dermatologists, who said they don't really know what it is, apart from it being a mixture of dermatitis and excema. I tried countless lotions,creams and potions but nothing seems to work. It got so bad and was affecting my daily life so much that I ended up having a few months off work. They thought it could have been stress related. I agree, that it does seem to get worse when I am stressed but that is not the only cause. During my time off work, I had UV light treatment at hospital, 5 biopsies from various parts of the body - all which came back clear, Chinese herbal medicine, Chinese acupuncture, steroid creams, dieticians and a lot more!
    It really is like a disease and snakes itself around my body, with no real rhyme or reason. As well as this random placing around my body, it is constantly in two areas - my scalp and my privates! Yep - a really embarrassing and impossible area to be scratching when you're walking around Tesco or teaching a class of children!! I don't know what to do anymore! It, among a few other health issues, has made me such an itchy, sore, grumpy person :o(
    Well, that's enough of me moaning on lol.
    Well done for starting this blog Benita. Look forward to seeing future posts xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, Nice to read about you! Thanks for your comment I really didnt think anyone would respond. Im glad you read this blog cause I am creating it for people like us. Your history just sounds like mine and you kind of left with no hope right! Well I have a few ideas left that I am going to document on this blog and you can follow the progress if any as it may work for you if not me. We got to help each other out with this condition!!
      I wasnt joking when I said this blog page is not simple for me to use, Im still figuring it out but when I do no one be able to stop me. Lets keep smiling and motivated to get rid of this lol Im typing and scratching I really need to stop it arhh!! Out of interest what is your treatment now or are you leaving it for now?
      Benita :)

      Delete
    2. I am not currently having any treatment. I haven't seen a doctor about my skin for a few years now. I just got fed up with not seeing any results from anything I tried. Looking forward to seeing what you try out. I am very impressed with your motivation x

      Delete
  2. Good on you Benita, for being so brave. I wish you all the best on your journey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve for commenting, I have to do to keep me motivated to research and find someway of getting rid of this and I not going to hide the fact that I have this condition everyone can see it lol. I also think its about time there was more blogs that I can read about this condition cause I feel that it is not only children who suffer with it adults do too. Thanks for the support :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete